During the process of updating the firmware of a SpeechMike via the Philips Speech Control
software (PDCC) it can sometimes happen that you receive an error message similar to the
Follow the steps below to resolve this issue.
- Right Click on the speaker icon in the system tray.
- Select Playback Devices.
- Right click in the white space and make sure that Show Disabled Devices is selected
- Locate the SpeechMike, right click and Select the option Disable
- Try the firmware update again, you should be successful!
- If the same error message is presented, follow the above steps for Recording Devices
- In some cases a reboot of the pc is needed.
Once the firmware is successfully updated, remember to go back to the settings right click on
the SpeechMike and Enable it as a Playback Device and if needed a Recording Device.