Symptoms: SpeechLive player buffering.
Possible cause: SSL filter is activated in the Anti virus Software.
How to find out if this player buffering is caused by SSL filter settings and not bad network connection ?
- Open chrome browser and navigate to Speechexec.com
- Click on the gray padlock in the address bar.
- Click on Certificate is secure.
- Click on Certificate (valid).
- It will bring up the certificate window on your screen where you can see details
- Click certification path
- If you see this certification starting with the AV name (for example ESET in this case), it means you have SSL filter enabled, which is causing the problem with the player buffering.
Follow the steps below to disable SSL filtering :
(these steps shows ESET software, but you can adapt it to any Anti virus Software).
- Open the main program windows of your Windows ESET product, and navigate to "setup" and "advanced setup"
- Click Web and email, expand SSL/TLS,click the slider bar next to List of known certificates.
- click "add"
- type speechexec.com domain
- Set "scan action" to "ignore".
- Click "ok" to apply the settings.
- Restart your chrome browser.
check now the certification. you should see the certification without anti virus filter.
- the same process applies to other Anti virus software, please consult the help page of your product for the exact instructions.
Please sign in to leave a comment.